Our larger stencil sheets are available in 10 sheet packs. This has been our number one request, and we are so excited to finally be able to offer this option! These 12" x 18" sheets are perfect for larger signs, chalkboards, porch signs, etc.
Our larger stencil films are designed to be used with the Ikonart Custom Stencil Kit, but the kit MUST be modified with the Extender Bar to raise the light up higher. You will also need to flip the light around and expose your film on a smooth, flat surface (pictured above).
Note: If you are looking for stickier stencils for shirts, tea towels, pillow covers, fabric, textiles, wood, or other textured surfaces, check out our Ikonart Textile Film. This new purple film was specifically designed for DIY screen printing on textiles, but the more aggressive adhesive makes it the perfect choice for wood projects as well.
Ikonart Stencil Film - 12"x18" Size:
- To be used with the Ikonart Custom Stencil Kit
- Must raise the light using the Extender Bar
- Use with our 11"x17" Inkjet Printer Film or Laser Printer Film (you can also piece together multiple 8"x11" sheets)
- Reusable, customizable, easy-to-use, repositionable
- Perfect for glass, mirrors, chalkboards and other hard, flat surfaces
- 2 clear exposure sheets are included in each stencil film packet
- Mesh Count: 120
- Thickness: 4.5 mils
- Sheet Size: 12 in. x 18 in. (30.5 cm x 45.7 cm)
- Available Pack Size: 10-Sheet
- Made in the USA (Duluth, MN)
- Quick Start Guide
- SDS for Ikonart Stencil Film available upon request
USING THE 12" X 18" STENCIL FILM
- ADJUST STAND: Swap out the regular 18” bar with the 23” Extender Bar. You must use the Extender Bar to raise the light. Flip the light around so the light is over a smooth, flat surface instead of over the base (see picture above).
- EXPOSE FILM: Place your Ikonart Stencil Film on a smooth, flat surface with the textured side facing up. The longer side of the film should be parallel with the base of the stand (see picture above). Place artwork on top of the Stencil Film so you can read it. Top everything with the clear exposure sheet (included in the film pack) and rub down to ensure a good seal between the film positive and the stencil film. Turn on the exposure unit and expose for 1 minute and 40 seconds.
- WASHOUT FILM: Washout is exactly the same as the smaller 10”x12” Stencil Film. Do not washout in front of a bright window. Washout your stencil using warm water until all mesh areas are clear of the emulsion.
- POST-EXPOSE FILM: DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP. When your imaged stencil is completely dry, post-expose under the light for a minimum of 5 minutes. Post-exposing increases the durability when reusing your stencils. The clear sheet is not needed for post-exposure. Optional: flip the film over halfway through post-exposure so you are post-exposing from both sides of the film (front and back).
CARING FOR YOUR STENCILS
Ikonart Stencil Film is light sensitive and should remain in the packaging it comes in until you are ready to expose it. Film must stay out of the sunlight and bright lights before exposure and during washout. Keep unused stencil film in the black bag when not in use.
The unexposed film has a shelf life of at least one year from the date of manufacture if stored and handled properly. For storage of the Ikonart Stencil Film before it is exposed, we recommend storing in a cool, dry place. Temperatures should not be below freezing or above 85°F. After the film is exposed, your finished stencils should be stored flat in a dry area.
Do not soak your stencils in water for extended periods of time. Do not use any chemicals (such as cleaning wipes) when washing paint off your stencils, as these chemicals can break down the emulsion and adhesive.
If you over-washed your stencils and they don’t seem sticky enough, try one of these tips to make them stickier.
- Use a damp paper towel or fine mister to lightly moisten the adhesive side.
- Huff on (exhale hot air) the adhesive side of the stencil before applying to your surface
- Use a small handheld steamer to lightly steam the adhesive side.
- Rub down the stencil really well before you apply your paint/paste/ink to activate the adhesive.
- Use a spray adhesive to make the stencils stickier.
QUICK START GUIDE
See the Ikonart Quick Start Guide for full instructions. The guide is also included in the Ikonart Custom Stencil Kit.
Our stencil films are made in the USA at our headquarters in Duluth, Minnesota. They have been independently tested by InfoTox International to ensure they are safe when used as directed. They meet all health requirements of the Labeling of Hazardous Art Materials Act (LHAMA) and conform to ASTM D-4236.