Are you ready to try your hand at wood burning? Using Torch Paste with your custom Ikonart stencils is the easiest way to do it. Torch Paste is a thick gel that specially formulated to minimize bleed when used with Ikonart stencils. Torch Paste can be used on wood, denim, cardboard, card stock and more to create unique burned designs.
Plan to do a lot of wood burning? Save money when you buy our 4-pack, or get the 4-pack plus a 10-pack of our Mini Squeegees combo to earn free shipping.
Torch Paste Features:
- 2.6 fl. oz. per jar (available in 2-pack or 4-pack)
- Made in the USA
- Conforms to ASTM D-4236
- Unique thick formula is perfect for using with mesh stencils
- Store in a cool, dry place
- Do not eat
- Use only for intended purposes
- Burn safely using safety goggles & PPE in a well ventilated area
- Keep out of the reach of children 12 and under
How To Use Torch Paste with Ikonart:
- If using on wood, sand your surface first; we recommend 220 grit sand paper
- Add your stencil and rub down well to adhere to surface
- Apply a thin layer of Torch Paste and squeegee through all mesh openings
- Scrape off excess and return to the jar
- Remove the stencil and let the paste absorb/dry for a minimum of two minutes
- Use a high-powered heat gun (we recommend 1000W or higher) and continuously move the heat over the design until the design begins to look burned; more heat equals a darker burn
- After the entire design is burned wipe your surface to remove any debris
- Finish your project with a stain or sealer (if applicable) or leave natural
Using Torch Paste on Rough Wood
Check out this guest blog post from Ann Lanfair, the creator of Torch Paste. Ann goes over her best tips for using Torch Paste and Ikonart Stencils together on rough wood.