Ikonart stencils can be made safe for food contact applications by applying Ikonart Stencil Glaze to both sides of the imaged stencil.
Ikonart Stencil Glaze is made by dissolving a solid powder in 70% Isopropyl Rubbing Alcohol prior to use. The powder is a vegetable-based, non GMO, vegan, FDA-approved food additive which provides additional durability to Ikonart stencils. Once applied and dried the coating is insoluble in water, which makes cleanup and drying the stencils faster and easier.
Ikonart Stencil Glaze Features:
- 5g of powder makes 4 fl oz of Ikonart Stencil Glaze
- Vegetable-based, non GMO, vegan
- FDA-approved food additive
- Made in the USA
- Conforms to ASTM D-4236
- Unique glaze formula is perfect for making mesh stencils food contact safe
- Do not eat - approved for food contact
- Store in a cool, dry place
- Use only for intended purposes
- Keep out of the reach of children 12 and under
How To Make Ikonart Stencil Glaze:
- Mix powder with rubbing alcohol
- Apply liberally to both sides of stencil (let 1st side dry before applying to 2nd side)
- Dissolve any clogged mesh areas
- Rinse and use!
- CLICK HERE for full instructions with photos
Using Ikonart Stencils on Cookies & Cakes
Once you apply Ikonart Stencil Glaze to your imaged Ikonart stencil you can then use your custom silk screen stencil to decorate cookies and cakes. You can use our stencils with an air brush or apply royal icing with a squeegee. Both work great! Check out our Instagram, Facebook Group, TikTok or YouTube channel for more ideas.