DecoArt Americana Multi-Surface Acrylic Paints have a satin finish and can be used on almost any surface (including most plastics). They are self-sealing so no primer or varnish is required. This special formula is designed to brush out smoothly and once fully cured it creates a durable finish. Great for customizing ceramic mugs and bowls.
DecoArt Multi Surface 6pk Features:
- Pack includes (6) 2 oz. bottles of multi-surface acrylic paint
- Colors: True Blue, Turf Green, Canary Yellow, Lipstick Red, Cotton Ball White, Black Tie Black
- Top-rack dishwasher-safe when baked according to directions below
- Indoor/Outdoor use
- Water-based (cleans up easily with soap and water)
- Permanent, lightfast colors
- Intermixable (mix colors together to get any color you want)
- Not for food contact surfaces
- Made in the USA
Directions (from back of bottle)
Shake well. Apply 1-2 coats. Air cure 7 days. For a top-rack, dishwasher-safe finish, clean surface well with alcohol. Paint glass or glazed ceramic piece. Allow to dry 4 days. Place in a cool oven. Set temperature to 325°F and a bake for 30 minutes. Cool with oven door partially open. Not for food contact surfaces. Soap and water clean up. Clean Ikonart stencils quickly after use to avoid the paint drying in the mesh openings.
NOTE: The instructions on the bottle say to allow to dry for four days before baking. We tested what would happen on glass, ceramic and a powder-coated tumbler without waiting four days and all three items passed the scratch test and dishwasher test. You can see the results in this video in our Ikonart Crafters Group on Facebook. As always, if you are intending to sell your products, please do your own testing (as your particular surface may react differently).